Matthew Vines’ book God And The Gay Christian has proved popular and a 1-page summary, A Brief Biblical Case, has put his arguments into the hands of many. Unfortunately though, Vines’ arguments are not biblical.
AFFIRM has produced a 1-page response using the same 10 headings that Vines uses. This may be a useful resource if you want to clarify your own thinking or to have to show others where Matthew Vines has become confused.
Of course, there are much more substantial responses to Matthew Vine.
- Sam Allberry, The Gospel Coalition, Review
- Tim Keller, Redeemer Presbyterian, New York, The Bible And Same-Sex Relationships: A Review Article
- Lillian Kwon, Christian Post, Theologians Find Vines’ ‘Homosexuality Is Not A Sin’ Thesis Not Persuasive.
- Albert Mohler, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, God And The Gay Christian? A Response To Matthew Vines, a downloadable ebook. For an article by Albert Mohler see his website.
- Matt Slick, Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry, Response To Mr Vines’ Conclusion On The Bible And Homosexuality.
- Dr James White, ‘Gay Christianity’ Refuted, 5 hours of audio.
- Christopher Yuan, Christianity Today, Why “God And The Gay Christian” Is Wrong About The Bible And Same-Sex Relationships.
- There is a whole collection of responses to Matthew Vines’ book and video here.
A Brief Biblical Response, the Presbyterian AFFIRM 1-page response.